Tuesday, August 17, 2010

where are we? what's my name?

I'm not quite sure how we got here, but here we are.  So many times in months past, I've touched on how challenging life can be with Logan and his moods, and how hard parenting is, and how we're trying to find our way through some challenging times with him.  Then things would get better for a while, and we'd laugh and carry on as usual.  Or at least pretend to.  He is four, and yet I feel I've aged 15 years in the past four years.

We've suddenly hit a wall this summer, and we're needing to take some time to sort things out. Until I can get to a place where I feel like things are under control again, I'm afraid blog posting will be lighter than usual for a while. I'll post when I can, when I have something funny to share, or a light hearted story.


I've never gone into the absolute full explanation here about Logan and I know we don't even know everything yet.  So for now I'd like to keep most details private still, as its something our family needs to work on together.

Our main focus right now has to be to get some help for Logan, and for all of us. 

We're thankful for the many family and friends who are there supporting us and helping us through this time.  Parenting is never exactly what you think it might be, just as life itself is full of surprises.  But through the surprises and challenges we learn things about ourselves, and we come out stronger in the end.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Sending warm thoughts your way.

Michelle said...

Thanks Ruth.