Thursday, June 19, 2008

long days when daddy is away...

Logan, when we are at the community pool, it is generally not a great idea to pinch and fondle your nipples, then lean over and pull my bathing suit top down to see how mine compare to yours. I guarantee yours are much perkier and cute.



Dylan, when talking about dead presidents and referring to George Washington, it isn't very nice to declare him deceased then follow it up with "Oh well, so much for him!".



Logan, when we are in the lake in five feet of water, it is generally not a good idea to jump off of the raft until you know I'm ready to catch you.



Dylan, when we are at the lake and you accidentally leave all the floating rafts in the water, then they get carried down the shore while we are at the house eating lunch, and mommy has to climb over someone elses boat dock and hoist up onto the rocks where all the snakes live to rescue the rafts, try not to look so entertained on the boat dock watching in me earnest while licking your blue rasberry freezy pop.



Logan, I do not, I repeat DO NOT want to eat crackers that have been sitting in your mouth getting warm and soggy. Thanks for trying to share buddy, but you should apply those sharing principles during playgroup and not while eating.



My children, how I do love you. I would suffer endless pain for neither of you to ever be ill or get hurt. But thank God in heaven Daddy comes home tomorrow and then Mommy has an overnight girls weekend planned this weekend. Where I will sit by a pool, with no one pulling my bathing suit top down or trying to stuff soggy half eaten Cheez-Its into my mouth.

3 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Hallelujah sister! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

JerseyBaby said...

You're expectations are a little high if you think the exact same things won't happen poolside... See you tomorrow! (Oh, and I LOVE the "dear [child of mine] blog letters!)

Sarah said...

hahaha...love it and can relate to the ridiculousness...hope you had a great girl's weekend!!!