Thursday, July 15, 2010

pickles and chips, oh my!

I love pickles.   Dill, bread and butter, gherkins, relish, whole ones, sliced, whatever.  Andrew recently found these at the store, and I've never had such a yummy distinctive pickle.   Its kind of bread and butter, mixed with a pretty spicy afterbite.  Delish!   I'm not a Bloody Mary fan, but Andrew also uses the Wickle juice to make a mean drink.  We don't usually shop at Safeway since we have much better choices in our area.  But there's a Safeway next to our haircut place, and we ran in there to get a couple of items last week.  He came across these and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else, including my beloved Wegman's.  But trust me, everytime my boys get their haircut, I'll be running into Safeway to buy a jar or two of these little babies.



I had a great food find at my local Wegman's this week, and boy am I glad I did.  I love me some potato chips and all their crunchy chipyness.  They're my go to sin food...the one snack I prefer over all other snacks.  My weakness. I've been trying to find a more guilt-free version that would still satisfy my chip cravings for crunchy, salty goodness.  I like these (and they do come in yummy flavors), and these are pretty good too, but THESE Krinkle Sticks are the bomb!  Great flavor and crunch, and you can eat 40 (!!!) of them for only 110 calories and 2.5 fat grams.  They also look like french fries and come in veggie sticks too!   I love that they're dense and crunchy and satisfying, instead of being light and airy and ricecake-like. Just check out their awesome company mission statement, and then run out and get a few bags (store finder by zip code here)!

No comments: