Thursday, September 9, 2010

physical fitness test

As predicted, Logan could NOT WAIT to go to Taekwondo today.  We may have just found his 'thing' very early, and I think he's going to excel at this.  Logan's teacher is a great match for him. He's young, energetic, stern but still keeps it fun for the boys by letting them sneak in some silliness.

I'm really proud of how Logan handles himself at class.  Self control isn't exactly always his strength, and yet at class he's so focused, compliant and respectful.  I hope I can learn some of their tricks to help us at home!



Today his instructor gave him a physical fitness test, which he passed and earned his first "tip".  The boys earn different color tips for different skills:  physical fitness, striking, blocking, knowledge and focus.  Today he proudly earned his yellow tip.  Once all five tips are earned, they can test for their first belt, the white belt.   He's already talking about earning his belt, so when that happens we'll have to plan a celebration for him.


He was beaming and now at home, he refuses to take off his uniform until Dylan and Daddy see it.  He's so proud of himself!


I couldn't help myself.  Again today, I was the only crazy mom taking videos of the class.  But its so cute to watch them in action!  I promise I won't video tape every class. 

Here he is doing shoulder touches:



And doing some high kicks...  Look at him go!



No comments: