Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

We don't make a big huge deal out of  Valentine's Day at our house.  As a rule, we don't go out to dinner (too crowded), and we don't buy each other expensive gifts.   Just a few small treats for the kids, an exchange of sappy cards, and Andrew usually gives me the night off from cooking by creating a fantastic meal.  We cuddle up after dinner and enjoy time at home together.   

I did make a circa 1980's strawberry heart shaped cake for dessert tonight, and Logan and I attended Dylan's second grade class party.  Wow, the level of decibels a room of twenty two 7 and 8 year olds create is pretty amazing.  

Our neighbor is Dylan's room mom, and she had some really fun stuff planned for the kids.  I was there to help where I could, and got a few photos of the madness.  I'm so thankful to have these moments in Dylan's class with him, hanging with his friends and hearing from his teacher how great my child is.  :-) 

Time goes by so fast and sometimes I can't even believe he's already halfway thru 2nd grade.    Logan had his party at school today too, but it was just for the students.  He and Dylan both came home with a bag-o-Valentine's cards and treats which are currently all over the kitchen floor.

creating the Valentine's bag


Valentine's wreaths



Valentine candy chopstick relay race



Happy Valentine's!

No comments: