Monday, January 9, 2012

life

In case you read the title and thought this might be a philosophical post, sorry to disappoint.   I'm talking about the game of Life, one of my favorites from childhood.  We got it for Dylan for Christmas, and decided to break it out Saturday night.  

I love playing board games and I love that our kids are old enough to play most games with us, and totally 'get it' now.  I was a little worried about this one, since it says 9 and older.  But they LOVED it, both of them, and totally stuck with it during the almost two hours it took to play.  I haven't played this game since I was MUCH younger and it was funny to see some updates to bring it up to current times (i.e. You Build a Family Website, pay $2,000). 

How did we all fare?   Here's the breakdown:

Logan's career choice was "Entertainer" for $50,000 per pay day.  He had one child, lived in a mansion, and ran for Congress.  He retired with $415,000.

I was a Hair Stylist, living in a Luxury Mountain Retreat, with a sailboat.   I had one child, and retired  owing the bank $180,000.

Dylan, the Veterinarian, made twice as much as me per payday, bought an SUV and modern victorian home, had three kids, and retired with $870,000.

Andrew beat us all, retiring from being an Accountant, dividing his time between his double-wide and his RV, and banking $1.5 million.


No comments: