Friday, June 8, 2012

first day/last day

Well, today Dylan got on the bus for the last time as a third grader. In a little bit, Logan will step onto the bus for his last journey to kindergarten.  How did the year fly by so fast?  And yet it seems like SO much happened in this last school year.  I get sentimental as these milestones come upon us.

The things they've learned this year, wow!  All the friends they've made, books they've read, field trips, life lessons, and all the fun.  I try to make sure I remind the boys often how lucky they are to live here and be a part of such a friendly, loving and supportive school.

Today I'll have a few more hours of peace and quiet, and then summer vacation will officially arrive with all its splishy splashy sticky promises.  Popsicles, swim team, movies, playdates, Slip-n-Slides, ice cream, visits with Grandma and Grampa, picnics at the pool, trips to the beach, putt putt golf, books to read, games to play, camps, parties, and sometimes in August, we'll print off the list of school supplies and get them ready for school again.

Here is Dylan on the first day of third grade last fall:


And here he is yesterday at his end of  year party (same shirt, ha!!) with his lovely teacher Ms. W:


 
Logan on the first day:


And yesterday at his end of year party with his wonderful teacher Mrs. H.:


Both boys are already excited for fall, going into 4th and 1st grade.  It will a big transition for Logan, going from half day kindergarten to full day first grade.  I so enjoyed the teachers they both had this year, and being at school to help when I could.  I'm thankful for all the new friends we all made this year, and I'm so proud of all my kids accomplished.

And now I'm ready to make the most of the summer together, so when fall approaches we'll know we did all we wanted to do, and then some!

No comments: