Friday, June 8, 2012

view from the water

I've said this many times, and its true...I love where we live. I love our neighborhood, our friends, our school, our community.   And I love that within 30 minutes, we can be the heart of downtown DC exploring the city and showing our  kids some pretty darn cool stuff.

A while back, I bought a Groupon that came to inbox and saved it for a nice sunny day when we had nothing else to do.  It was good for the four of us to take a one hour sightseeing boat tour of DC, leaving from Georgetown and cruising up the Potomac River a ways taking in all the sights.   Sunday was a perfect weather day, and even scored some pretty easy parking (for Georgetown) and enjoyed a nice family day together.

I've lived in the DC area since I was in third grade, but I still see something new everytime I'm in the city.

Thompson Boat Center, Georgetown






Lincoln Memorial


Kennedy Center



Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and train


Georgetown Waterfront



Georgetown University

No comments: