Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013


Easter this year was a little more low key than usual.  I downscaled the amount of junk in the Easter baskets, and we had a nice French toast breakfast and quiet morning at home.   I think we were all still mourning the loss of Bella.  Plus the weather has been so cold, I knew we couldn't do an egg hunt outside.  In fact, it was rainy Easter morning and we all slept in!

During the afternoon, we headed over to my Mom and Robby's to join my brother, stepsisters and their families for an Easter egg hunt and dinner.  We don't all get together very often so its always fun to see how much everyone's kids have grown and spend time visiting.  We also celebrated birthdays for my Mom, brother Chris and Dylan (who turns 10 on April 14th).

Here's my Mom and sister in law, Jess..

 
 
Some great family friends for years and years, Betty, Leo and David..
 
 
Logan gives Maya an Easter smooch...
 
 
 
Jasmine and her boyfriend Wayne..
 
 
 
 
My brother and Jay..
 
 
My brothers fancy homemade delicious fruit tart...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jay and Heather's adorable 19 month old daughter, Violet.
 
 
 
 
 
My Mom makes the most incredible homemade cards! This one is Minecraft, the boys current obsession.

 
And fancy, yummy Easter cookies from Grandma Celia that we shared with the crowd.
 
 
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.  Its time to bring on Spring!

No comments: