Monday, October 25, 2010

Thai Chicken Soup

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight and I can't wait.  I love things made with coconut milk, and I love curry.  Should be delish!  I found everything I needed at Wegmans in the Asian foods aisle.



1 tablespoon vegetable oil


1 onion, thinly sliced


2 cloves garlic, minced


2 tablespoons green curry paste


6 cups low-sodium chicken broth


1 15-ounce can coconut milk


1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste


2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced


4 ounces thin rice noodles, broken into pieces


2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), very thinly sliced crosswise


1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste


1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro


Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.

Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.

3 comments:

SLC said...

mmmmmmm, sounds yummy

CJ said...

I remembered this from when you posted it on Facebook, and finally made it last night and it was wonderful! I added 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce for heat; will make again and again! Thanks for posting it :-)

Michelle said...

Mmmmmm, I'm going to have to make this again soon. It was delicious!