Wednesday, June 15, 2011

decorating a bathroom

As I type this, the shower glass guy is driving here to install our frameless shower glass walls and door.  Its been 42 days since we were last able to shower in our bathroom.

Craig, our contractor, finished his part of the job thoroughly and within the timeframe we had discussed.  The glass company couldn't take measurements until Craig's part was complete, and its been going on three weeks its taken them to cut the glass, temper it (making it safe), and now the install tonight should take around 3 hours.  I wasn't impressed with the amount of time it took them to get this part finished but you're talking to a person who spent a hell of a lot of money to have a beautiful bathroom and hasn't been able to shower in it yet!   I'm sure they will do a great job, and it will be even more beautiful.  Tomorrow I'll report in with the final photos, glass installed, and just how great that first shower really was.

Meanwhile, we've been busy adding decor and touches that make it a little retreat from our everyday life with busy kids.  We wanted some plants, and we wanted to keep the decor very natural and simplistic.








Andrew found a rubbed bronze cosmetic wall mount mirror and installed it for me, love it!




The print is a George Dombek. I think it goes perfectly with our room. 



Here is the shower before glass, the last time it will look like this ...


Can't wait for tomorrow's shower. Watch, they'll tell us tonight we have to let it set for three days before we can try it out!

Pretty amazing to see the transformation.  Here is when it all started on Day One.

My amazing husband turns 40 this Saturday.  I'm so glad this is going to be wrapped up before that monumental day!

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Do you just want to hang out in there all the time now? I would.

Michelle said...

Yes! Sadly now I find myself looking at other parts of the house craving some upgrades. :) First we have to pay for this one!