Monday, August 4, 2008

next time I'll go alone

Tomorrow I am having an outpatient procedure on my girly parts. I won't go into the details (Dad, this is for you in case you are reading), but lets just say having children has not been easy on my body. This little procedure should, hopefully, help get things back to normal.

Today I had a pre-surgical OB appointment, just to complete some paperwork and get a prescription for Percocet (yee-haw!) and have some bloodwork. Out of desperation - Andrew had a meeting and is taking tomorrow off to be with the boys, and all of my nearby neighbors and friends are on vacation right now - I took both boys with me. I used to take Dylan to all of my appointments when he was younger - he'd play, eat snacks, and ask no questions.

But now there are two of them. Dylan is Question Boy, Logan is Loud Boy, and I'm sure that office staff is still talking about us.

Dylan spies graphic poster of feminine reproductive system on wall in exam room:

"Mommy, how did that baby get in there? Why doesn't it have any clothes on? Why is it upside down? What are these for (stirrups)? clang clang clang. Mommy, what's that (fertilized egg), it looks like an eyeball! Ewwwwwwwwww."

Dylan dumps over entire magazine display. Logan smashes light against wall repeatedly, then discovers light switch and switches it on and off, on and off, on and off with sticky fruit leather fingers...

Dylan sees flip chart of full color photography of uterine disorders.

"Mommy is that a stomach?"

"No, its a uterus."

"A uuuuutaaaarus?" Uterus! Uterus! Uterus! Uterus! Uuuuuuteruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssss! Then Logan chimes in "UUUUUUUUUU!!!!

In fact, the only time during the entire appointment they were both quiet is when the nurse drew my blood. Mommy in pain must equal pure entertainment worthy of silence.

************************************

Sleep Update

Last night was Night Four of Cry it Out for Logan. Its getting slightly better each night. Give us a few more weeks, he'll get it.

No comments: