Thursday, October 23, 2008

how 'bout them apples?

Halloween and Thanksgiving, I love you both. But there are so many other reasons I love fall.



1. The color of the sky. Its never as blue as it is during these crisp autumn days. No humidity, chill in the air, blue skies and white puffy clouds, ahhhhhhhhh.


2. Sweaters. I love sweaters. Its like wearing a blankie all day. And I love to put the boys in sweaters. Cuteness!


3. I love that I can run errands, leave my bottled water in the car, come back and its still cold. Its a small detail in life, I know. But so convenient!


4. Soup. Any kind. Seriously, is there anything better than a hot bowl of soup and some crusty bread? I need to expand my soup recipe collection.


5. Apples. Especially green ones. The more sour, the better. I love them plain, dipped in caramel, baked into a crisp, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.


Dylan got a time out at school yesterday. I'm not sure I got the whole story. From what I could decipher, the kids were taking turns saying what kind of apples they like. When it was his turn, he said "I like green apples!!!" in a loud monster voice, and the teacher didn't like that one bit. He said he wanted to make everyone laugh. So into time out he went. He told me about it as soon as he got off the bus, but it took a while of him trying to explain what happened. At least he seems disturbed about getting in trouble at school. There was a part of me that wanted to laugh when he told me the story, but of course I couldn't do that. It could have been worse, I guess. At least he didn't make fun of someone or disobey the teacher. I think his teacher runs a tight ship and good for her. I simply can't imagine wrangling a herd of kindergarteners twice a day!

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

At least he didn't jump out of the bathroom in Transformers underwear with his pants around his ankles and shout, "Ta da!" to his whole class.

Hmmm. Who could have done that? Beats me.

Michelle said...

Uh oh, you might have a little exhibitionist in the making!