Wednesday, July 8, 2009

3


Dear Logan,

My little man, today you are three. Big boy time! I look back on these first years with you and can't believe we are already here. Where did this little boy body come from? It seems like you were just a tiny baby wrapped in a blanket in my arms. Life with you is like a roller coaster that never stops, and one thing is for sure; there has never been a dull moment since you joined our family.



You've accomplished so much during this past year. Your language has exploded and you know exactly what you want and how to ask for it. And if you don't get what you want, you know exactly how to file a formal complaint. You look up to your brother more than ever, and emulate everything he does. You've done your share of torturing Dylan this year, as only a little brother can. But as much as you torment him, you can't go a single second without knowing where he is and wanting to be right next to him.




I love watching the two of you play when you don't know I'm watching you. You have such a sweetness when its time to cuddle, and you still love to be held.




I love seeing the world through your eyes. You live at full throttle and there's never time to sit still. You approach everything in your world will complete gusto, and I can't wait to see where your passion takes you. I sometimes wonder if you'll be sky diving by the time you're six; if you'll be our little race car driver. That middle name Enzo might come in handy someday. Just try not to give me too many gray hairs along the way.



This year will be a big one for you. You'll be going to preschool in the fall just like a big boy. This will mean making new friends and not spending every single minute of your life with me, and I'm excited for you. You're up for the challenge. You surprise us all the time, and I know you'll make us even more proud.


I love you so much, my little Logan bear. Happy Birthday.
Mama

1 comment:

T8ermom said...

Gosh. He has grown so much. Happy Birthday, Logan! We're so glad we know you.