Monday, October 26, 2009

Croom Fall Fest 2009

We always know its fall when the annual Croom Fall Fest rolls around. The party takes place at the Harrison family farm, and believe you me, we've had many a party there throughout the years; fall and all other times of the year. Yes, that farm has seen some times.

I honestly can't even remember when the annual fall party tradition began....long before I was a wife and a mom. Back when you could roll up to a party with nothing more than a 12 pack and a sweatshirt. Back before you could take pictures throughout the party on your Blackberry and post them to Facebook in real time. Back before we cared about having a huge spread of food...when a bag of Funyuns was more than enough. And though the party has transformed from a drunken kegfest to a family friendly cookout with a smidge of beer on the side and maybe some hot apple cider with or without rum, we still enjoy it and look forward to seeing some of my oldest and dearest friends every fall. In fact, three fourths of my wedding party was there yesterday now that I think about it!
















No comments: