Tuesday, October 20, 2009

lists and hiccups

It was a long, rainy weekend and although we did a whole lot of nothing, we actually got quite a few things crossed off the list.
  • Hung new blinds in all upstairs windows - check
  • Purchased new digital camera - check
  • Carpets shampooed throughout house - check
  • Eating our way through giant pile of FedEx'ed homemade cookies compliments of Grandma Celia - check
  • Watched (again) Monsters vs. Aliens and heard 3 year old repeat over and over "I'm a brave, brave President!" - check
However, in the midst of it all, we had two little hiccups from which we're still recovering. Logan came down with Croup. And my laptop totally and utterly crashed.

Logan is on day 3 of steroids and it seems to have settled into a run-of-the-mill cold/cough. And with nice weather here again for the remainder of the week, hopefully we can get outside and get a good dose of natural Vitamin D.

Andrew completely disassembled my laptop last night and without going into a long, boring tirade full of angry, violent words about Microsoft Vista, let's just say he was able to miraculously save the day ONCE AGAIN with his sheer genius and computer know-how. I, on the other hand, would have probably dropped the computer off the roof just for the satisfaction of hearing it shatter all over the driveway. So although I'm back up and running, I'm a little lost without some of my files and saved interweb bookmarks. I'll live.

No comments: