Wednesday, January 20, 2010

love you like a milkshake

Last week, Andrew was awarded the biggest honor his company awards.  And so I want to take a moment and share with you just how amazing he really is.  He works so hard, but always puts his family first.  He comes home every night, ready to share his day, help me with dinner and the boys after working hard all day.  He sometimes is under stress, but manages to balance it all without complaining.  He works really, really hard.  And I'm proud of him. 

This week, momentos of this honor have been showing up at our house.  An engraved invitation to a fancy pants awards ceremony and dinner he and I get to attend in a couple of weeks.  A giant basket full of wine and fruit congratulating him from one of the big bosses. 

Its nice to see him recognized for his hard work and dedication.  Because you know, he's a great guy.  The best I've ever known.    And its nice that so many other people think so, too.


This is a photo of us taken this past weekend at my high school alumni event (which was a huge success and lots of fun!).



And there's more.  Included as part of this award is a firm-sponsored vacation, to a destination of our choice, sometime this year.  Free airfare, hotel and rental car.  Anywhere we choose in the U.S., Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean or Canada.  Wow, I am so excited!  First, we haven't taken a vacation, just the two of us, since before I was pregnant with Dylan. That's over 8 years!  Second, this year is our 10th wedding annivesary, a perfect time to spend time reconnecting and reflecting on everything we've accomplished together in our first ten years together.

We'll be renewing our expired passports which haven't left the country since our honeymoon to Nevis, and doing research on just where exactly we should take this little adventure!  I'll be updating and sharing information as we plan this, I'm sure. 

I'm so proud, and so lucky to have such an amazing husband.   Well done, honey. You pretty much rock my world.

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

So awesome!!!!!

Ruth said...

Where's the "LIKE" button on here?

Congratulations to you both!