Thursday, January 28, 2010

how I amuse myself

Oh, Facebook.  You're sometimes informative, always entertaining, sometimes a source of reuniting old friends, sometimes a dialogue of ridiculous conversations that make you laugh out loud.   I certainly never thought I'd be into Facebook when someone first told me... I never wanted anything to do with My Space when that was the hot social networking site.  But the two are so different. Facebook is a way to stay connected, in touch, and share ideas.  And most people on FB have hit puberty, have jobs and aren't necessarily using the free computer at their high school library.  As a stay at home mom, my days aren't always chock full of contact with the outside world let alone much adult contact.  So FB is a glimpse into what's going on out there and a way to amuse myself.
This week, people have been playing a little game of posting photos of a celebrity they've been told they look like.   Yes, if you aren't on Facebook these are the games you're missing out on.  And also conversations like "if we woke up in prison together, what are the first four words you'd say to me?"  Remember in high school, those 'slam' books people would rotate, answering questions and making confessions?  Its sort of like that, but not in a spiral glitter notebook.

Here is Andrew's likeness (according to him....I happen to think he's much more handsome and doesn't look nearly as surprised, usually).  I'd say the warped, complex sense of humor, intelligence, wicked creativity and overall liberal philosophy on life is right on par with Kevin Smith though.






I thunk and thunk, but couldn't really think of any celebrity I've been told I resemble. Then my friend Jessica suggested Goldie circa 1966, and it sparked a memory .... My grandmother used to always tell me when I was younger I resembled a young Goldie Hawn.   What do you think?





No comments: