Thursday, February 4, 2010

Countdown to Snowpocalypse 2010

I spent my morning at the local Harris Teeter surrounded by frenzied shoppers gearing up for the Snowpocalypse of 2010. They're predicting a major snow event, maybe 24" or even more. It’s just completely wackadoo that we'd get double digit snow not just once but TWICE in one winter. When you see terms like crippling accumulations, and it also happens to be Super Bowl weekend, you know that means ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY. 

To the grocery store, pronto!

And there I was, among the harried, glaring shoppers heaving overflowing grocery carts full of Superbowl snacks, pet food, cereal, toilet paper and beer. I saw one lady with about 15 twelve-packs of Diet Coke in her cart and I just want to be at that lady’s house after she drinks the 40th can and is able to shovel her entire driveway in 45 seconds.


After an hour and a half of torturous shopping (A. I don't know where anything is in the store since I usually shop at my beloved Wegman's but I had a $10 offer Teeter coupon burning a hole in my pocket and B. Did I mention Logan was with me?), I got in line to pay and dropped a giant bottle of Spicy V-8 juice which exploded all over me and the floor, up my pants, in my shoes, and on my face. A bloody mess. I was trying to be a nice wife and buy it for Andrew to make Bloody Marys when we get snowed in this weekend (I don't even like Bloody Marys, I'm more of a mimosa kinda gal). It even splashed up and got in my eye, and then I was blinded and couldn't help the lady clean up the giant slippery puddle.  Hell, I could barely operate the debit card machine to finish my transaction.  Did I mention the entire time this was unfolding, Logan was yelling "I want a ballloooooooon!!!!"

And the 8 people behind me in line looked like they wanted to meet me in the parking lot for a serious ass kicking. Which I totally deserved.

Sigh.

On a positive note, Andrew and I had our babysitter come over last night while we attended a fancy awards dinner at the lovely Tysons Corner Ritz Carlton. It was AMAZING and yummy – filet mignon and lobster tail. Spectacular! Andrew was presented with his VIP award at this dinner with some of the highest partners in his firm there to do the hand shaking, and an honor it was, as only 24 awards were given out of over 5,000 IT employees. Soon we’ll get the travel website information to help us plan our vacation. We're looking forward to a quiet, relaxing and exotic destination (with no trips to the grocery store) to celebrate our 10 year wedding annivesary later this year. 

We also got to bring home the incredibly beautiful centerpiece from our dinner table.   This will definitely bring a bright spot to an otherwise cold and snowy weekend ahead.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks