Wednesday, November 17, 2010

hot bean dip

It must be the time of year, but I'm feeling the urge to share some of my favorite recipes.   I can't take a bit of credit for this one.  My good friend over at Jersey Baby shared this with me years ago and its a favorite appetizer around here.  Its even on the healthy side (as far as appetizers go!).  My kids love this, and its vegetarian as long as you use vegetarian refried beans.   A total crowd pleaser!



Hot Bean Dip

Its hot as in heated up, not as in spicy!

1 can refried beans

1 8 oz container sour cream
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 cup mild salsa (or spicy if you prefer)
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything but ½ of the cheese together in oven-safe bowl. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly. Serve with Tostitos or Fritos corn chips.

No comments: