Monday, November 29, 2010

very thankful

We spent the Thanksgiving holiday with my Dad and stepmom Bobbie at their brand new home in Cobbs Creek, VA (about 3.5 hours southeast of us).  We went down two days before Thanksgiving.  Meanwhile, my Dad drove to SE Ohio and picked up my Grandma Williams so we could all spend the holiday together. My brother Chris, and Jessica and cousins Josh and Maya arrived Thanksgiving Day.  It was a fun holiday filled with so many things I'm thankful for:  family, food, laughter, togetherness and making memories.

Now we're home and the holiday season is here.  I know that because I spent a couple of hours today wrapping some gifts I bought early and I can feel it in my back.  I started some shopping a few weeks ago and am trying to stagger out the gift buying/wrapping so it isn't all at once.  I find I can enjoy the holiday season much more if I can get a big chunk of the 'gift' part done earlier, and then focus on the events, the baking, the parties and making memories with my family.

Anyway, before we get into the full swing of moving onto Christmas, here are some of the photos highlighting our lovely Thanksgiving holiday.  A special thanks again to my Dad and Bobbie for pulling out all the stops to make it a wonderful time.

The day before Thanksgiving, we took a (very cold) boat ride (per the boys request).


It was freezing and Logan forgot his socks.  So my gloves came in handy.  Monkey toes!


Great Grandma Williams, age 78


Grandpa Joe showed the boys how to play Captain's Mistress (and managed to avoid answering Dylan's question, "What is a mistress?")


and took them for a little ride on his new tractor..


We had no shortage of summer sausage.


Wednesday we baked a trifecta of pies:  cherry, pumpkin and bourbon chocolate pecan.


Great Grandma gave the boys their first ever Zhu Zhu pets.  They were a huge hit!  Yes, Logan has his taekwondo belt on... he wears it everywhere.


Great Grandma with Josh, Logan, Maya and Dylan


the feast



The day after Thanksgiving, the girls (and Andrew) drove around the area touring local art studios.   I wish I could have bought these!



Dylan shows Great Grandma how to play Mario Kart


Grandpa Joe and Maya dance to some bluegrass tunes

happy hour


Chris got friendly with the sausage.


The kids were all getting a little rowdy, so Grandpa Joe told them they needed to meditate.


And Aunt Jessica read them all a story..


And no Thanksgiving is complete without a marshmallow roast.




No comments: