Saturday, March 5, 2011

moms need mars and ice skating

Recently, my good friend Kristin told me about a really great website called Our Kids.  Its a great resource for listing all sorts of local events activities for families in your city.  Since we're a family that likes to be on the go and in the know, I thought it made sense to pay the $26 annual membership fee and gain access to all kind of discounts and information.

One thing members can do is register to win various ongoing prizes and giveways.  Kristin said once she joined a few weeks ago, she had already won a few things.  Sure enough, the day after I joined and registered for a few giveaways, I quickly won four tickets to a pre-screening of the new Disney movie coming out next week, Mars Needs Moms.

We had to drive to Maryland, about 40 minutes, to see the movie this morning but it was really fun. We hardly ever go the movies; its just so expensive and honestly I'd rather spend that money doing something else together.  So it was a real treat to be a part of this advanced screening, with all the giveaways and percs.   We got to see the movie in IMAX 3-D which is pretty amazing (but LOUD). 



The boys loved the movie. The animation is truly unbelievable.  The story was a little harsh for me (one of the moms dies and its a little scary), but I loved the message of the movie which is for kids to BE NICE TO YOUR MOM. 

Afterwards, as another perc, we were able to go across the street and enjoy free ice skating with a local radio station, with more giveways.   The boys both got Mars Needs Moms t-shirts.   Logan isn't much for ice skating and truth be told, I'm not exactly grace on ice either.   Andrew and Dylan enjoyed themselves at the outdoor rink while Logan and I watched. 




Logan jumped off this wall so many times I thought for sure he'd roll his ankle.



We also scarfed down some of our favorite Tex-Mex food for lunch.

Next stop... a quick little hop into Ikea.  Which I realized when we turned into the packed parking lot was going to be insane and it pretty much was.  We were in and out pretty quickly, but not before I snatched up this nifty little scarf hanger.


1 comment:

T8ermom said...

I have the same hanger and it is PACKED. :)