Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the balancing act

We're all adjusting to the new normal right now, and life is crazy.  Crazy, I tell you!  Case in point, I just tried signing into Google with a wrong email address 5 times and then couldn't remember my password.


As a parent, life is a constant balancing act.  And it seems when spring rolls around, things always feel even more crazy.  Here is a list of everything brewing right now.  Its all good, good stuff. I've been hitting the pillow hard every night and passing out immediately.  My body needs to catch up to my mind, which is running a million miles a second.

  • Logan's t-ball season, and the once to twice a week practices, and we'll soon add games.  Opening Day is next Saturday and we'll spend the first half of the day navigating our way thru 1,500 kids all wearing white pants and baseballs hat for the big parade and event.  It will be time to fly the banner!

  • The night after little league opening day, Dylan has invited three friends to spend the night for his first ever sleepover birthday party.  I've been busy planning a few fun things that night for the boys, and we're excited to have overnight guests.

  • Dylan's actual birthday falls the following week, on April 14th.  I can't believe he's turning 8. We've been busy planning some surprise gifts for him, including an iTouch he has no idea he's getting.  He's going to love it!

  • Sunday, April 10th, we have a super fun family event to attend that my wonderful friend Dianna over at Tatertown plans - the Second Annual Family Egg Hunt at a local park.  Last year was the inaugural year and it was a smashing success.  This year we're organizing lots of fun, food and games and a visit from the Easter Bunny himself (aka Dianna's hubby)! I can only hope we have the same beautiful weather we had last year for this day of family fun. 

  • We've been planning a big camping trip for mid-May to Harpers Ferry, WVA with 7 other families.  Looking forward to that for sure!

  • Our master bathroom remodel plan is underway, and we've been meeting with our contractor and designer to get the plans all set.  Demolitian begins April 30th, and the remodel begins right after that.  We've been shopping furiously for all the various items needed to transform our old, builders-grade, yucky master bath into a pure organic, natural, beautiful and luxurious spa.  The most exciting part; we've decided to add a heated floor.  Oooo la-la!

  • My new job!  I'm loving it so much, and finding it both totally challenging and totally doable. I've been working approximately 20 hours per week from home, and while its been an adjustment here and there to make it work, things are going swimmingly so far.  I adore my coworkers, and it couldn't be a more perfect set up.

  • Spring Break is coming April 16 - April 24th. We'll be heading to my Dad and Bobbies for the first half for a nice visit.  We plan to definitely go to Busch Gardens one day, and possibly Jamestown another.  Hoping to do some boat fishing, grilling out and celebrating Dylan's birthday with them, too!  We'll come home to celebrate Easter, and I've been trying to organize and do the Easter baskets for my boys now, before we leave, so its all done by the time we get home from spring break.

Whew.  In between all of that is the usual ... trying to keep up with laundry and cleaning, meal planning and cooking and getting together with friends, taking the kids to birthday parties, getting Logan's kindergarten registration paperwork ready, getting ready for Dylan's 2nd grade field trip and volunteering in his language-arts class.  It was a lot to keep up with 'before' but now its a SUPER lot, and like I said, my body hasn't quite caught up with my brain yet. 

Its a ride, a roller coaster, and I'm loving every exhausting minute.  Even if I'm so tired I could fall asleep typing thiszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You are an AMAZING mom, friend, wife, and person. Rock on sista!!!