Tuesday, April 26, 2011

magic of the Easter bunny

As always, the Easter bunny delivered big time and the boys awoke to baskets full of goodies Sunday morning. 



Sadlly today, Dylan had a realization there is not an Easter bunny.  He told me he recognized the handwritten note the Easter bunny left him and Logan as Andrews' handwriting.  Then he looked me dead in the eyes and said "Mom, tell me the truth."   I couldn't lie to him.   I told him he can't tell Logan, it has to be a secret. And he can't tell other kids either, especially younger ones.  He seemed fine with this revelation, and not surprised at all.  In fact, he also said he knows I ate the carrots since I love them.   Luckily Logan was out back when this conversation took place.

But funny enough, he didn't ask a single thing about Santa.  He hasn't put it all together yet.  To me, that will be more crushing because there's just such a sentimental magic about Santa.  I'll be sad to unveil the truth to him someday.  I know a lot of kids his age already know about Santa, so its just a matter of time. But I think I'll steal my answer from my good friend Shawn and what she tells her kids, "Those who believe, receive."  I guess maybe somehow, its easier to believe in a jolly fat man circling the world in a sleigh in a single night than it is a giant furry bunny hopping around.   Maybe its the sleigh verses the hopping. 

No comments: