Friday, September 5, 2008

packpack


Before this week, I hadn't though much about Logan's reaction to Dylan going to school. Really, I should have, because Logan always tries his darnedest to do everything Dylan does.
The first day of kindergarten, Logan cried and cried after the bus pulled away with Dylan on it. He would have been perfectly happy to leave me, sit next to Dylan on that bus, go to a school full of total strangers and do what all the five year olds were doing all afternoon.

The next morning, I told Logan we had to say goodbye to Dylan but that he'd be back to play with us later. And in the meantime, he and I would go to Target. Target! What fun! So that day, he reluctantly waved to Dylan as the bus pulled away and seemed satisfied knowing Dylan would return in a few hours. "Bus! Bye!" he shouted.

Yesterday morning, as Dylan was putting on his backpack so we could walk to the bus stop, Logan decided he needed a 'packpack' too. He didn't even put anything in it. But just to wear a backpack like his older brother made him happy. He also had to have hair gel to spike his his hair, just like Dylan.

This morning, the same thing. "Packpack", he said, as he watched Dylan get ready for the bus. So, again he found his own backpack, happy to be just like Dylan.


Now I'm thinking I should be giving Logan homework assignments to do while Dylan is doing his after school. And I wonder if that could include some sort of cleaning up around here?

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Laynie wears an empty backpack to the bus stop every single morning. And it's almost as big as she is. If I actually put anything in it, I think she would topple over. Love it!