Tuesday, November 4, 2008

lots of good stuff

Dylan has not had school for the past two days, and we've been staying very busy. Anything to keep us moving and away from these giant bowls of candy on top of the refridgerator.

Yesterday, we all attended Logan's gym class at Pump it Up, then we joined MOMS Club for a private tour of Harris Teeter. After nap, we drove to a local park and hiked through the fall foilage to the riverfront. The kids were muddy and Logan had a birds eye view from the framed backpack carrier. The leaves are just amazing right now. I wished I had taken the camera but I knew I could only handle so much, and carrying Logan's 30 lbs on my back was more than enough.

This morning, we met my Mom at the mall and saw our favorite kids band, Rocknoceros, play. Those guys are so great. Their music is catchy and educational. It kinds of reminds me of the old School House Rock stuff. Afterwards, we grabbed some lunch before heading home for Logan's nap. Eating out with Logan is usually about as fun as getting electricuted. Today he kept himself busy making a soup out of his lemonade by adding lots of sugar, salt and pepper. He ate about three bites of mac n cheese, then started squishing it in his fists like Playdough. Our table looked like it needed to just thrown away by the time we left. Dylan was fabulous so at least there was that.

Other things happening in our world right now include:
  • logging on more hours with my part time marketing job
  • researching some preschool options for Logan for next year (another post on this soon)
  • Andrew is car shopping since his is getting high in miles and has been in the shop quite a bit
  • putting the bathroom project on hold after getting sticker shock from contractor bids
  • anticipating our Florida trip Thanksgiving week and planning for that
  • Election Day! Andrew voted on Saturday so we both didn't have to go today. I got up at 5 am today so I could be there at 5:30. When I arrived there were maybe 200 people in front of me. I was out by 6:30 or so. But when I left there were probably 1,200 people in line. I'm sure its thinned out a bit but will probably pick up again this evening. It will be an evening of CNN at our house.

Last but not least, I want to give a big thank you to my Mom. She and I spent the day together Sunday for my annual birthday shopping spree. No kids, just us, power shopping, having lunch and talking. There's nothing like a full day of uninterrupted conversations, trying on whatever tickles our fancies, shopping somewhere other than Target (Target, you know I love you but there are other stores! Without toy departments!) and not having to rush home for anyone's nap. And, as a special bonus, my Mom also has great suggestions about what to buy and what looks nice. I'm not so great in that area, and she has expanded my fashion horizons. Hooray for Mom!

Thanks to Andrew for staying home with the boys and letting me have some quality time with my Mom. I will turn 27 this Thursday (ha, just kidding, 37!), and my life would not be complete without my three boys. You all are my world and I'm just pretty darn lucky all the way around.

No comments: