Wednesday, January 7, 2009

sunshine and raccoons

Dylan was awarded another sunshine award at school today. He was all smiles getting off the bus to tell me. This is his fourth award this school year. We're all getting back into the groove after our unexpected trip, and I'm proud of the kids and how they handled themselves with the disruption to our normal routine. I wish I could be so flexible.

And speaking of sunshine, it is entirely absent from the sky these days. It seems to rain every day without a glimmer of a promise of snow. Its getting hard to forget we don't live in Seattle. What I wouldn't give for one weekend of backyard BBQ weather right now...

And speaking of our backyard, last night at 4 a.m. Bella broke into a furious barking frenzy which could only mean one thing - wild animals on our porch. You may recall past stories of nocturnal animal friends visiting us during the dead of night to feast on our buffet of dry cat food. After Bella proceeded to wake up the entire house at that ungodly hour, Andrew indeed discovered two racoons on our screen porch. He managed to chase them off and turned the light on to discourage them from coming back. But something tells me they'll be back tonight. I just wonder what weapon solution Andrew might concoct this time (you may recall Possum Golf?)

1 comment:

T8ermom said...

I agree about the weather. I seems like we haven't had two full days of any sunshine in a row in over a month. If we lived in Seattle at least we'd get some good coffee and see an orca now and then!