Tuesday, April 22, 2008

let there be films

Its been raining for three days. This does not make two little boys who want nothing but to play outside very happy. So Sunday, Dylan and I took a little field trip together and saw Horton Hears a Who . Very cute indeed. We would have taken Logan but I'm guessing it will be at least a good year before he is movie theater ready. But I was amazed how many babies were there, screaming through the whole thing at 2 in the afternoon.

Andrew and I have been going down the list of last years' Oscar winning and nominated films. Not many comedies last year. A few weeks ago, we watched Atonement, which is beautiful but tragic. Then we watched Juno - the only light hearted one in the mix. Then Michael Clayton - good and who doesn't like George Clooney? The past two nights we've watched No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. Not a single one of these movies (with the exception of Michael Clayton) had endings that were acceptable in my opinion. Where was last year's There's Something About Mary? But can I just say, whoever invented the concept of of Redbox is brilliant? Brilliant. I don't see how Blockbuster can stay in business for much longer with them around. Who is out there paying $4.50 a movie when you can rent the same movie for $1 and only have to drive as far as your closest grocery store which you have to shop at anyway?


Moving on...

While eating his lunch of tomato soup filled with floating, soggy Goldfish crackers and croutons, Dylan just randomly asked me who our lawyers are, and when I told him we don't have lawyers he replied "well mommy, we're going to be needing some." Random. I hope its not some sort of psychic prediction.


Logan added another word last night - Help. It sounds more like 'elp' but that is definitely what he is saying because he signs it at the same time.

No comments: