Wednesday, April 30, 2008

listen up swimsuit stores....

Mom and I took the kids to the mall today looking for some summer clothes for the kids. As any mom knows, a trip to the mall with two young children involves a lot of give and take. We get to shop at two stores, they get to check out the giant fish tank at Nordstrom. We get to shop at one store, they get to play at the mall play area. How I loathe the mall play area. And its not just because its filled with germs and is loud and is dangerous. Its because everytime we are there, there is at least one psycho kid that ends up stalking one of my children the entire time. Today it was a little boy, about four, who attached himself to Dylan right away and took to screaming nonsense words in his face at the top of his lungs. And I mean screaming. Dylan was annoyed and kept coming to me asking 'what do I do?' and I kept telling him just walk away, just walk away, while trying to figure out of the corner of my eye who his mother was. This little screamer maniac was relentless and would not be deterred. His mom was just sitting on the bench, staring into space, as her son screamed away. Just sitting by herself, not even having to attend to any other children. Hello, hello - are you there? Do you hear your child screaming two inches from my child's face? Do you have a bad coffee hangover and just can't be bothered? Finally we just left.

Moving right along... At said mall, we decided to check out some women's swimsuits. Is there anything more depressing than trying on swimsuits in April, when you are at your pastiest whitest white, and all those post (and pre) baby pounds are just amplified by the florescent lighting, and you wistfully remember that your boobs used to fit nicely in the bathing suit cup formed area but now you have to hand lift them up into the area and nestle them in like two guinea pigs? I mean, if stores were smart, they'd serve alcohol in their dressing rooms this time of the year to give us all the confidence only a couple of cocktails can muster. We'd think we looked great, we'd buy two of everything, and everyone would be happy!

5 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Like two guinea pigs? Too freaking hilarious, Michelle.

Never were truer words spoken.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT's an economic stimulus package if I've ever heard one!

Sarah said...

ha ha...the spring bathing suit shopping is the worst! I keep slathering that Jergen's natural glow lotion on my body and hoping for miracles. ha ha...
And I think you know my thoughts on the mall gym...it is ONLY out of sheer desperation that we go there...armed with so much sanitizer and wet wipes, you would be alarmed. :)

T8ermom said...

I have the solution...prepare mojito's as described. Purchase swimsuits on-line. Try on at home after mojito application!

Julie said...

I second that t8ermom!!!