Friday, March 6, 2009

a proud mama

Logan was offered a morning spot at my #1 choice preschool for next fall. I'm so excited for him! Its a wonderful school, and I'm thrilled he got in. It will be a really great experience for him. I really can't believe he'll be going to preschool in 7 months. It seems far away still, but part of me feels he is still so young. We'll be working his speech therapy around his preschool schedule. Its going to be a busy fall.

And before he can attend preschool, we have to have him fully potty trained. I'll have my work cut out for me. While he is so competitive to keep up with Dylan in so many ways, he just has no interest in being diaper-free yet. I hope we can tackle this one long before summer so I can put my mind at ease. The thought of being rid of diapers forever almost makes me giddy.

And while this week opened with a big dump of snow, today we're almost to 70 and the warm weekend weather is forecasted. Its a welcome change for sure. Tonight Dylan has his first school dance, a 50's Sock Hop, and we're all attending. I love watching him interact with his friends, and I'm guessing Logan will also have fun shaking his groove thing. Hopefully we'll get some good photos to post here. Tomorrow we're thinking about going to Old Town Alexandria for their huge annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. Sunday morning, Dylan was invited to a bowling birthday party for a school friend. He's very excited. We'll have to keep this our little secret from Logan; if he finds out Dylan is going bowling and he isn't, he'll not be pleased.

Speaking of birthdays, we've been trying to brainstorm what to do for Dylan's party in mid-April. He wants to have it at home, so we're leaning towards a Wii party but haven't worked out the details yet. I think we'll be keeping it really small this year since it will be indoors and we'll probably have the parents drop off. The past three years we've had his party outside, where the kids could run amok.

Dylan brought a permission slip home yesterday for a field trip they'll be taking to DC in May to see a play. Andrew or I hope to chaperone so one of us can go with him and the class. And, he's been doing so well on his sight words. The teachers sent home seven lists of 10 words each. Once he masters a list, we send it into school for his teacher to quiz him. He was awarded another Sunshine Award at school yesterday, too. I can't help but look at him sometimes and wonder where our little baby went. He's such a big boy now, and is doing so well at school.

I'm such a proud mama, of them both!

No comments: