Wednesday, June 3, 2009

saying the quiet thing out loud

One morning this past weekend over breakfast, Dylan mumbled something under his breath. Andrew and I looked at each other, eyebrows raised, and asked him to repeat himself. "What was that, Dylan?"

"Oh Dear God Dammit!"

So hard to keep a straight face. I'll admit, I'll utter 'Dear God' several times somedays in exasperation, perhaps after Logan has emptied the drawer of crayons for the fifteenth time of the day, or like yesterday, when he went downstairs to the playroom, dumped all of our board games on the floor and mixed up all of the pieces scattering them from wall to wall. 45 minutes it took me to get it all put away again.

But dammit, I only reserve to be a quiet thing I say in my head. However, I'm wondering if lately I've said the quiet thing in my head out loud a time or two and didn't even realize it.

No comments: