Wednesday, November 11, 2009

good for the heart and soul





I have a secret. If you ever, truly need to rejuvenate your mind and spirit don't waste your money at a spa. Collect five wonderful girlfriends, pack a suitcase full of un-mom clothes that make you feel hip and head to a swanky, trendy hotel for three days of kid-free, schedule-free bliss.


This past weekend, the ladies I still refer to as my "new mom friends" and I did just that. These ladies I befriended at the new moms support group at the hospital when Dylan was born. We all bonded over becoming first time moms at the same time. Weeks of talking about breastfeeding, colic, and whether or not to return to work brought us close, and led to bonding over playdates, dinner parties and watching our kids grows into toddlers, preschoolers and school agers. We all communicate online every single day and I honestly don't think I would have survived the catapult into mommyhood without the support, humor and camaraderie of this incredibly smart, talented and vivacious group of like-minded moms.


We do an annual girls weekend and we've rented houses and hotel room, locally, to celebrate ourselves and our friendship. Two of my friends in this group have moved from here to Atlanta, so we decided to bring the party down south this year.


We arrived last Friday the 6th which also happened to be my 38th birthday. Checked into the W Hotel in Buckhead and let the good times roll for two nights and three days.






We all had makeovers at the MAC counter Saturday before heading out on the town.



This is more make up than I've worn in the last 15 years combined. It was fun to be glamorous for an evening and learn some tips. My usual routine is some Chapstick and a little mascara, so this was quite an upgrade.


No comments: