Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thanksgiving cupcakes



So I'm no Martha Stewart cupcake master like my friend Jersey Baby, but I saw this idea and thought they'd make a fun kid-friendly dessert addition to the Thanksgiving feast we'll be attending at my Mom's tomorrow.

I cheated. I bought the Wilton football decors because A.) My kids don't like nuts of any sort (even chocolate covered one) as part of their desserts and B.) Well, it was just a whole lot easier than finding a chocolate covered anything shaped like a football. I also didn't write any numbers, there was simply no room. So mine just have yard lines. The pennants are made from little pretzel sticks and fruit roll ups, which Logan and Dylan were more than happy to help with since I never ever buy that junk and they got to eat the leftovers. But still, I think they came out cute and I'm sure after the kids eat all this sugar they'll be ready to do some tackling of their own.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

T8ermom said...

They came out fantastically! I tried to talk Connor into doing a batch with me but he wanted to pain-by-numbers instead.