Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moms Gone Wild 2009

Tomorrow morning, I'll be flying to HOTlanta with three other hip mommy girlfriends. We'll be meeting up with two other hip mommy girlfriends who live there and getting our Relax on at a posh, swanky hotel, while eating bon-bons poolside for our Third Annual Moms Gone Wild weekend getaway. We have a lot of fun things planned and lots of blissful kid-free time for things like girl talk, room cocktails, chick flicks, shopping and reading smut magazines. But here are some things I will NOT be doing while I'm there:
  • wiping any little butts
  • breaking up fights over the Wii
  • picking up any toys
  • ordering off the kids menu
  • cooking
  • laundry
  • listening to any whining
  • fastening anyone into car seats
  • wiping up spilled chocolate milk
  • shuttling anyone to soccer
  • playing Matchbox cars and monster trucks
Its not that I don't love my life and my job as Domestic Vice President and CFO of Household Affairs. Really, I do. And I will miss the boys (all three of them) and be chomping at the bit Sunday evening to get home and squeeze them tight. But sometimes mommies just need a break to be a girlfriend for a couple of days.

No comments: