Friday, December 3, 2010

the bad & the good

Lets see.  Logan has bronchitis.  The heater in my car broke this week, as did my automatic sliding car door.  101,000 miles and stuff is starting to go.  I still feel bloated from Thanksgiving.  Our flexible spending health account is out of money and Logan's bronchitis prescriptions today cost about two weeks worth of groceries.  Winter is here and its suddenly "do I have to walk to the bus stop?" cold.   Logan asked this week if he's allowed to say "crap", meanwhile picking up a lovely new word at school, "weeniehead". 

That's the bad list. 

The good list.
  • I have two long time fun girlfriends coming over tomorrow night for a sleepover and we're going to do this for dinner, while sipping on tasty adult beverages. 
  • I've starting tackling gift wrapping instead of leaving it all for the last minute. 
  • I'm going to see some other girlfriends tonight at a little party. 
  • I'm probably 75% done with Christmas shopping. 
  • My house is somewhat clean. 
  • Much thanks to Tatergirl, we scored tickets to see the Grinch and his friends at the fabulous ICE! show next Saturday at the Gaylord National.
  • I discovered Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses today at the grocery store while waiting for Logan's prescriptions to be filled.  Oh. Yes.  I'm not a big mint fan, but these rock.
Our Christmas elf Tyler has been busy each night this week bringing the boys powdered mini 'snow'nuts, filling their Advent calendar with treats, and reading books while we sleep.  He apparently likes Curious George.


Dylan came home with lots of good work in his backpack this week.



The good by far outweighs the bad.  And I hate to complain.  But if someone could wave a magic wand and make Logan feel better and come fix my car, it would be a Christmas miracle.

No comments: