Sunday, December 19, 2010

raising boys


Somehow, Dylan has lived on this planet 7 1/2 years and had never seen The Wizard of Oz.  What kind of mother am I?  I don't remember what age I was when I first saw it, but I'm pretty sure it was before I was 7 1/2.  Well, we DVR'ed it last night (along with A Christmas Story which I will be quoting now all week) and settled in after breakfast this morning for some couch snuggling and movie watching.

We aren't fifteen minutes into it when Dylan looks at me, raises his eyebrows during the third or fourth song and asks "Is there going to be a lot of singing in this movie?"... and sighed.   He humored me and watched the whole thing. 

But I'm guessing I won't be getting him to watch this anytime soon.

By the way, these guys kill me!  I now have Andrew's next Halloween costume idea.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Brantley is the same! A few weeks back I put "Annie" on for the boys. My younger two loved it, Brantley lasted ten minutes before saying "More singing?!? I'm out of here to watch football with daddy....I can't handle more singing!!!"

Michelle said...

Kristina, HA! I guess as moms of boys, we won't be going to see The Nutcracker anytime soon. If I ever need to torture Dylan, I'll have to put on West Side Story or something...