Friday, December 5, 2008

bus stop crush

Today, Dylan got off the bus and had an announcement for me.

D: "Olivia asked me if I'd be her boyfriend."

Now, this was interesting to me because in all of our interactions at the bus stop this year so far, Olivia is always just the sweetest, cutest, quietest thing. I can't imagine her making a move, so to speak.

Me: "Oh really? And what did you say?"

D: "Well, I told her yes I would and then I told her all about my markers."

D: "Hey Olivia, wait up!" (He hurries after her down the sidewalk as she tags behind her big sister). "And the blue marker smells like blueberries, and the green one smells like apples, and the red one smells like cherries and you can come to my house and I'll let you use them and we can color and we have lots of video games in our basement, I bet you're good at racing....."

At this point he had followed her halfway down the sidewalk and she was looking straight ahead, focused on just getting home and for all of the talking to stop and I have to think she was wondering "what the heck was I thinking?"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilarious...read my latest post, we are living parallel lives! ha!

Julie said...

LOL!!! Too funny!