Monday, December 8, 2008

Six Random Things

I've been blog-tagged! My old Children's World marketing buddy Your Mom tagged me. Sarah is one of the funniest people I've ever worked with AND she can sing just like Adam Sandler. She worked in our Golden, Colorado office, I was in Northern Virginia. And when our marketing team got together for meetings every few months we'd just laugh our heads off. You know, many of my friends are women I met after having Dylan. We all became moms together. But when I worked with Sarah, neither of us were moms yet. So its entertaining reading her blog and relating what I knew about Sarah back then to how she is a mom now. I love it!


So the rules are that I have to post six random things about myself then, I have to tag six other people. Here we go.


1. I dream at least once a month that I am back in high school and I have forgotten my locker combination. I'm late to class and I can't open my locker to get my books and I panic. This dream is so stupid because anyone who knows me knows that a. I'm the type of person that wrote down my locker combination in at least 17 different places and therefore would never forget it and b. I was such a geek that I usually carried all my books around in my backpack and therefore didn't really need a locker (except where else would I have hung my Tiger Beat Magazine photos of John Stamos in all his feather-haired glory?).

2. In high school, I had Robert Smith hair for two years. My friends and I only listened to new wave music, only bought our clothes at thrift stores, and spent all of money that we made as shampoo girls at a hair salon buying tickets to see bands called Gene Loves Jezebel, the Sugarcubes, the Soup Dragons, and Echo and the Bunnymen and drinking peach schnapps in the concert parking lots. I was a regular at the 9:30 Club in its original tiny, dark and musty location. I have to find a photo of my high school hair, it was quite a spectacle. Sorry Mom, I'm sure it was quite embarassing to take me in public.




3. Some of my death row foods include tomato and fresh mozzarella salad with basil, gooey swiss cheese fondue and crusty bread, really meaty jumbo lump crab cakes, fresh juicy peaches, bacon wrapped scallops, Five Guys cheeseburgers and french fries, pistachio ice cream, salmon pad Thai, Chik-Fil-a vanilla milkshakes, mango sticky rice, my Mom's guacamole, and Ledo's pizza with bacon on top.


4. On multiple occassions at a previous advertising job, I had to dress in a Popeye the Sailorman costume to help promote Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits. It was a great way to meet guys. Umm... not. It was hot in there, people, and I was a sweaty humiliated mess.


5. I do not like olives. Or mushrooms. Although if the mushroom is incorporated well into a dish I am learning to tolerate its miserable little fungal existence. But olives have got to go. Also, I can't drink red wine. The heartburn KILLS me.


6. One of my favorite movies is Stealing Home, with Jodie Foster and Mark Harmon. There is something about that movie I just can't resist. I've probably seen it a hundred times. I don't think it was ever a big hit, but there is something in me that just connects with that movie. Its funny and so tragic all at once. Sometimes in life, you just have to touch the drain.


Okay, I'm tagging my friend Sandee, whom I met online on a parenting board when I was pregnant with Dylan and she was pregnant with her second child. We've stayed in touch all these years and have never met in person (yet!). Dianna, my hilarious mamasita. jerseybaby, my witty, charming friend Kristin. My lovely friend and neighbor Paige. My good friend Danielle down south in Virginia. And let me give a shout out to my great friend since high school and former bridesmaid, Julie, all the way out on the Eastern shore of Maryland. You're next, ladies!

4 comments:

T8ermom said...

Okay...I'll work on my random items today! Regarding "Stealing Home"--the beach house and scenes were filmed at my home town beach in Seaside Park, NJ. My friend Allison and I went and signed up to be extras but never made it into the film.

Julie said...

The pressure!!!! I'll do my best.

retrodaddy said...

Those two years of strictly new wave reads kickass, minus the Gene Loves Gezebel and hair salon gig.

That list of food has me salivating over my can of Yeungling lager (my beer snob reputation takes a hit).

Popeye's red beans & rice = one of the best fast food side items evar. I'd don a costume for Popeye's if it meant stuffing my face with spicy chicken, red beans & rice, and biscuits.

Julie said...

I just wanted to let you know the link to my blog is wrong. Here's where you should go: http://aquascogirl.blogspot.com/
I've just posted my 6 random facts.