Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fine as a Frog Hair Split Four Ways



My grandfather passed away last night. Grandpa was always so full of hugs and songs for all of his grandkids. The past few years have been hard. He has been in a nursing home as his health deteriorated. I know it was hard on him being there, and hard on my Grandma seeing him slip away. He sure did give the nurses a run for their money when his mind was better. I'm sure no one there will forget him anytime soon.

We'll be driving to Ohio tomorrow to spend several days with family and attending services. I'm sure we'll share some tears, but also some laughter just remembering what a character my Grandpa Williams was. In his younger years, I can remember spending many a Sunday afternoon at his house while he whipped up "Sunday Supper" for all of us. And afterward he'd settle into his recliner for some football watching, which more than often turned into a cat nap. He taught me the song "It ain't gonna rain no more, no more... It ain't gonna rain no more... How in the heck will I wash my neck if it ain't gonna rain no more, no more?" And my very first driving lessons were on Grandpa Williams' riding lawnmower before I was even in junior high school. The title of this post is his favorite saying. You'd ask him how he was doing, and that would be his reply.

In the above photo are Grandpa and Grandma Williams, with Dylan when Dylan was two, in May 2004.

We'll miss you Grandpa. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

John and Paige Ross said...

Michelle and Andrew,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

John and Paige