Sunday, December 14, 2008

the magic

Christmas is so many things to me. Its time spent with family and friends, making memories, enjoying each other and laughing. Its the food, the songs, the lights, the bows and ribbons, the decorations and the stories.

But really, more than anything else, its the magic of sharing it all with people you love that fills your heart.

I dare you to read this article as I did this morning, and not want to hug your kids a little tighter after reading it.

When we wake on Christmas morning, and listen to our children squeal over presents and stockings, I will also think of these children and their families who need the magic of Christmas to last all year.

And I will hug my healthy kids even tighter and be forever grateful for the greatest gift of my life.

No comments: