Monday, December 29, 2008

turn right, baby

So Andrew surprised me on Christmas and got me a navigation system for my car. I didn’t realize how damn handy they are, and I already can’t imagine not having one. I love the idea that I will never get lost again while going to pick up a Freecycle item and Dylan asking me "are you SURE this is the right way Mommy?". I’m still not completely used to having a female voice talking to me while I’m driving (and I still haven't named her yet. Penelope? Rachel?...) . Sometimes I want to talk back to her. “It’s okay honey, I know you said turn right but I really need a soda and we’re stopping at this drive thru first. Don’t worry your little head off, we’ll be back on track soon”. What I really want is to download a new voice. Something male, sexy and with a playful British accent. Clive Owen maybe? Something to drown out the sound of The Incredibles in the back seat, playing for the bazillionth time.

No comments: