Tuesday, December 16, 2008

pistachio cranberry fudge


This last weekend before Christmas, we actually don't have a whole lot going on. A few last minute gifts and stocking stuffers to get, but everything else is wrapped, we've shipped what needs to be shipped, decorated what needs to be decorated, and now we can settle in to enjoy the holidays.

So this weekend, I feel some baking coming on. First, I'm going to try making some fudge. I remember helping my Mom make fudge when I was little, the kind with all the gooey marshmallow fluff in it. I saw these recipes in a magazine, and want to try and make the peanut butter fudge, and the pistachio cranberry fudge. Both sound yummy and check this out -you make them in the microwave! Of course when I bought the 6 bags of chocolate chips today at the store to make all of this, I'm quite sure I felt my ass grow three inches.
Also, I plan on making some white chocolate chip cookies. Maybe with Craisins in them, maybe not. I love white chocolate, even more than regular chocolate. I may also try and make this lemon coconut bread, sounds delish!
Dylan has his school holiday party this Friday. His school has a healthy snack policy, with no sweets allowed, not even fruit roll-ups. I'm one of the room moms, and instead of cookies and cupcakes, which aren't allowed, I have to stick to fruit and pretzels. Oh well, more fudge for us at home then! It will be Dylan's last day of school until January 5th. I'm looking forward to two weeks of not rushing around as much, that's for sure.

2 comments:

T8ermom said...

I think that pistachio fudge looks really good!!

retrodaddy said...

Pistachio-craisin and peanut butter fudge read to be pretty good.

The other stuff, not so much, but that's mainly because they violate my rules about the involvement of nuts and coconut.