Friday, March 26, 2010

sassy sauce



Yesterday my beloved Wegman’s, I stumbled across a product that will definitely become a permanent fixture in our refrigerator. If you like tropical/Caribbean type flavors (coconut/mango specifically) read on and then run to your grocer to find a bottle (or five)..


I found this in the sauce area, near all the grilling sauces and decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did! I was making homemade chicken tenders for dinner last night, and I wanted a fun dipping sauce. Its sweet, tangy with just a slight hint of heat. Not to mention, low in calories and sugar! And at Wegman's, I think I paid $3.99 a bottle which is lower than the price on their website. Although on their website, you can order it by the case and I'm very tempted...  If you don't have a Wegman's and you're local store doesn't sell this, I bet you could email the company and find out where you can get your hands on some (email address on their website).

It would be delicious on shrimp, fish, or even over cream cheese to schmear on crackers. And by the way, on their site they have a ton of other sauce products that sound delicious, so if mango/coconut isn't your thing I'd still check out their other stuff. I believe they're all made in Costa Rica. I think the Trinidad Mustard Sauce sounds really good, as does the Tico, the Jamaican Jerk......   I want to try them all!

No comments: