Thursday, January 13, 2011

the big presentation

Dylan got to present his Star of the Week poster yesterday to his 2nd grade class.  His teacher invited me in for the presentation.  Its always nice to spend time in his classroom and talk to his friends, and watch them all interact.  I decided to stay for music class too, where the kids are learning about Elvis this week.  Then I figured, may as well stay for lunch since that was next.  I don't do it very often.  Mom picked Logan up from preschool and took him for lunch, so I was free to spend the time with Dylan and not be rushed.  Let me tell you, the 2nd grade lunchroom is a place guaranteed to give you a headache faster than you can say "mystery meat soft taco". 



Dylan's classmates each wrote a short essay on what they learned about him after he made his presentation.  Dylan designed a cover, and his teacher bound all the essays into a book for him to keep.  Here are some of my favorites entries.




I'm always so glad to see Dylan has so many friends at school.  I think one of the most important things he can learn is how to make friends, be kind to them, and keep them.  He's never come home and talked about anyone being mean, or saying they don't like him.  I may be a little biased, but I happen to think he's pretty easy to like.  I hope other kids will always feel that way too.

No comments: