Monday, January 10, 2011

Star of the Week

This week, Dylan is Star of the Week of his class.   We got to make a poster over the weekend that shows his favorites things to do and his favorite people.  He'll present it to his class this Wednesday.  I always love to hear him present something at school, because the teacher allows the other students to ask questions. And the questions they come up with are hysterical.    Those 7 and 8 year olds can focus in on one little detail of this poster and just go to town.


He'll also get to present a questionaire he filled out, with all his favorites. I tried taking a photo of it, but it just isn't turning out well. So here are his Q & A's, at age 7 3/4.


  • A hobby of mine is jumping on my trampoline.
  • My favorite song is So Watcha Want (Beastie Boys).   (At first he wanted to put War Pigs by Black Sabbath. Ha.)
  • My favorite foods are grilled cheese and tomato soup.
  • The thing I like best about me is that I can do a flip.
  • I am good at swimming.
  • One way I help at home is by making my bed.
  • My favorite ice cream is peppermint.
  • The subject I like best in school is P.E.
  • The best time of year is summer because I go swimming at the pool and at our lake house.
  • My favorite book is about volcanoes.
  • My favorite game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
  • The thing people like best about me is that I'm nice and I'm funny.
Here is the Star himself, doing homework today while listening to music. Andrew gave him his old iPod shuffle and filled it with his favorite songs. 


Dylan, you're a star every week to me.

No comments: