Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Livestock and Mullets

I love where we live. We can be in the heart of DC in 40 minutes for some culture, or drive-bys (depending on our moods). The beach isn't too far, and the mountains are even closer. But when we want to see some livestock and mullets (and who doesn't?), all we have to do is drive west about 15 miles and partake in the annual County Fair. Yeeeeee-Hawwwww!

We took the kids last night, on opening night, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. It was some good old fashioned family fun, complete with a demolition derby. Andrew took Dylan last year, and Dylan has since dubbed it the "Demolitian Dirty" so that's what we all call it now. This year, Logan and I decided to join them for the Dirty and we were not disappointed.




Andrew's past circus experience at FSU could land him a job like this, should the Booz Allen thing not work out.



"Mommy, they're going to need a lot of towing trucks."




Where can we find us some of 'em rub on tattoos?



Not entirely sure I would trust this slide.




Ahhhhh, grease! And meats on sticks!


I love the sights, and I love the sounds, riding on the wonder wheel.

Nice, nice bunny.

Carnie skyline.

2 comments:

JerseyBaby said...

What a hoot! Make sure you invite us along next year!

T8ermom said...

My dad raced stock cars when I was a kid and we always went to Wall Stadium in NJ for races and demolition derbies. I loved it. We're checking out the rodeo on Saturday night--that should be fun too!