Thursday, July 24, 2008

Zucchini Squares


Its the height of fresh summer produce, and maybe you have so much zucchini, you don't know what to do with it all. My Stepmom gave me this recipe, and she got it from my Aunt Suzy. Its delicious, and everytime I make it, it all gets eaten. Its a great side dish, but could work for a brunch, or you could experiment and add cubed ham to make it more of main dish. I might try that next time!

3 cups of grated fresh zucchini (use a mandolin or food processor for quickest results)
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup reduced fat Bisquick
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder (or more if you like garlic flavor)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup of milk

Wash zucchini, but do not peel. Grate zucchini and onion, combine with Bisquick, cheese, oil, egg, milk, salt and garlic powder. Pour into a 9" square pan (coated with nonstick spray), and bake at 325 for approx 45 minutes, until middle is cooked through. Cut into squares for serving.

Delish! Maybe you can even get your kids to eat it by telling them its cake. My kids didn't buy it, but....

No comments: