Sunday, July 27, 2008

Strike Two, Verizon

Well, well, well. After being assured that Verizon was coming this morning between 8 am and noon (a reschedule, after they screwed up our first date) to install our new FiOS service, we have once again been screwed. I called at noon (I called - not them - infuriating to have to spend my time calling when they clearly screwed us), once realizing the tech wasn't going to show up, only to find there is yet another problem with our account. Our account, that at this point I've already spent hours on the phone straightening out and was assured on Friday was finally all set, apparently has a duplicate order. Whaaa??? After I was assured and received numerous emails and phone calls from Verizon confirming we were good to go. And after I was lied to today and told a techician had been dispatched to our house. I'm livid. Again, how do these people stay in business and in their jobs? We could have made a million plans this weekend, but instead we've been stuck at home awaiting the Great and Powerful Verizon to grace us with their presence. And now they assure us they are sorting this all out and will call us back today to reschedule another installation date. I'm not holding my breath. Damn you, technology!

You know, my Dad has taught me a lot of things but maybe one of the best lessons ever was to not put up with this kind of bullshit. I'm the first to find a manager at a restaurant to compliment them if we have an exceptional server. I'm the first to write a letter to the manager of a theme park to sing their praises if we have a great experience. But when shit like this happens, I'll stay on the phone and write emails and letters bitching until we're getting free meals and flower baskets for a year.

If and when we ever get our Verizon service, it will be heavily discounted people. Heavily.

2 comments:

t8ergirl said...

I'm with you, sister. We walked out of Ben and Jerry's last night in Old Town because the kid dishing out the ice cream was a total &%$#@-head. No greeting. A grunt. No smile. NO MONEY FROM ME. Go get 'em.

Da Doo Run Run said...

You go girl! I need you to come take on Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield for me!! They are about to send me over the edge with their complete incompetence. It has gotten to the point that every time I get an EOB in the mail, I get all anxious before I even open the envelope, wondering what problem will await me that will cost me hours of my time on the phone.