Wednesday, July 16, 2008

making summer memories

My kids like to stay busy, and our days go much more smoothly when we are on the go. I plan the activities for my MOMS Club, and I'm constantly on the prowl for kid-fun places in our area. Fortunately in the summertime, there are a million places to choose. We spend a lot of time at our community pool, which is so kid-friendly, with a zero depth entrance and lots of cool fountains. Yesterday, we went to a great little waterpark the kids love.

Today, we checked out a small, local zoo before it got too hot out. I have always heard about this place, but we just never made it until today. It was very hands-on with lot of places the kids could feed the animals.
Logan was fascinated by the free roaming animals and the size of their feet....



....and the giant tortoise.



We saw a family of spider monkeys hanging out with their new baby.




We even saw some kangaroos doing what comes natural - trying to make some more kangaroos. Dylan asked me what they were doing, and I quickly said "hugging! Lets go see the reptile house!", as some teenagers were approaching and I knew the hugging explanation wouldn't hold up for very long.

I love these kinds of days with my kids - getting to experience the world so innocently through their eyes. Everything is fascinating to them - from the way a tortoises shell feels, to getting to chase ducks along a dusty path. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to be home with them and make these memories. This job doesn't pay much, but its absolutely overflowing with benefits.


No comments: