Saturday, May 2, 2009

2U

Last night was the first summer concert of the season, and we took the boys to Friday Night Live on the Herndon Town Green. Its one of our favorite things to do throughtout the summer, and we've seen some good bands through the years. We've been going since Dylan was just months old. If the weather is nice and we're in town, chances are you'll find us at Friday Night Live on Friday evenings throughout the summer. We love music, and since we've had kids, we don't get many chances to see live music much other than these summer concerts. I miss my music. The only times I get to listen to what I want to hear is either when I walk, or when I'm in the car alone (not often!).

Last nights' concert was a band called 2U and they're a U2 Tribute Band out of NY. Check out their video, and tell me if they do not sound like U2. And boy, did they rock! The music and the lyrics, even the way the guy moved and was dressed, it was like we were seeing U2 front row. Awesome! People were video taping them, and taking their pictures like they were the real deal. They were really good, and they totally rocked the house. I would totally go see them again, but it looks like they mostly play gigs north of here up in the NE.

U2 has been around pretty much since I can remember loving music, when I started high school. I had the priviledge of seeing them on The Joshua Tree tour at RFK Stadium when I was in late high high school (back when a decent concert ticket didn't cost $300). I can't think of any other band that began during my lifetime that has played such a huge role in music and is still going strong. I can't wait to check out their new CD, I've heard its great.

No comments: